Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hegehog caught on my trail camera

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hegehog caught on my trail camera

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    CAG

Hi – I’ve just signed up to Hedgehog Street. My children bought me a trail camera for my birthday and I have managed to capture all sorts of creatures on it, despite only having a small garden. My favourite has got to be the pictures of a hedgehog who visits regularly. Despite putting up a hedgehog house, I don’t think he/she has moved in. Ho do I upload an image?

Beware! You are heading for hedgehog addiction! Within days you will have hundreds of hedgehog pics, none of which you can delete even if 99% of these are almost the same! Good luck!
    Ps, I also have a hog house and although it’s now filled with bedding I don’t think anyone is actually living in it yet!

Nic

Hi CAG

Welcome to the Forum. DwarfHog is right. You’ll probably be addicted to all things hedgehog before you know it! If you have the photos elsewhere on the internet, you can put a link straight onto the forum. Otherwise you can put them onto Hedgehog Street via the home page. Click on ‘Gallery’ and then ‘Upload Images’. It does, apparently, sometimes take a few days to actually appear. If you want to get an image that isn’t on the internet on here quickly, you can change your profile pic temporarily.

You can also send videos:
    https://www.hedgehogstreet.org/have-you-been-filming-your-hedgehogs/

Re. the hog house. Sometimes the hogs move in quite quickly, but other times they don’t move in until the hog house has been there for a while. But if you put some suitable nesting material quite close to it – so dried leaves, grasses, mosses, hay, straw, etc. it might encourage them. You could put a small amount in to start if off, but most of them do like to build the actual nest themselves – and are very good at it! Be aware, though, that they do sometimes make more than one nest, so may make a nest in the house and not actually hibernate it in.

Good luck and happy hog watching!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog