Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Help family in our garage!!

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Help family in our garage!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi all 1st time here so please near with me.

We have today accidentally opened up a nest in my garage with mum and at least 3 hoglets in.

I’ve left meat based cat food and water for them and left them alone the rest of the day. I’ve gone back in this evening to check and the food was all gone. Hoglets were running about but mum is out. This was about midnight. I’ve put more food down and will check again tomorrow. Praying I haven’t upset mum.

What do I do now? Mum obviously got in through the missing pane of glass in the bottom of the garage door and can get out that way to.
    My profile picture is one of the babies we spotted this evening.

Hi sorry you’ve not had a response but this is in the chat area and we don’t always have time to read these

Do you want to update if mum has returned? If you have a wildlife camera it would be an idea to set it up and stop going in and out yourself.
    The number on this site will give you details of local carers who can help you if mum hasn’t returned

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog