Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Help, my hefty house is infested with woodlice, will this be a problem for him

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Help, my hefty house is infested with woodlice, will this be a problem for him

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hedgy house is overrun with woodlice, worried that it is going to be a problem during hibernation.any advice

Nic

Hi Sandrina

I suspect woodlice are a bit of an occupational hazard for hedgehogs, by which I mean, they probably can’t avoid them!

If the hog house is otherwise empty you could empty out the woodlice and give it a good clean afterwards, then dry it thoroughly before replacing. I think woodlice like damp places, so that could be part of the problem. They still could come back again but it would be the hedgehogs choice whether to use the box or not if they did.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog