Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Help needed to solve a mystery.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Help needed to solve a mystery.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Help!

So I have 7-8 shallow, plastic feeding bowls for my hedgehogs and birds.
    Overnight they are for the use of my 4-5 hedgehogs and during the day they are for the birds but over the last 3 days all of the bowls have disappeared overnight and I have no idea where?

Could/would the hedgehogs have moved them or is it a fox? It can’t be humans so I am at a loss to know who is doing this act of theft ๐Ÿ˜„

I need to get a camera I know.

Nic

Hi Stoneman

Well it could possibly be a fox – do you have them in your area? Otherwise, I have heard of some cats who collect things and take them home with them, so perhaps one of your neighbours now has a new collection of plastic feeding bowls! The hedgehogs here sometimes move the bowls short distances, especially if they are being aggressive with another hog – the bowls are heavier than plastic – but they have never disappeared completely.

I’ve often seen mine move quite long distances due to hogs stamping on them, the dish ends up on it’s edge and just rolls away especially if caught by a gust of wind – like rolling a frisbee. As for completely disappearing, I’ve never had that happen!

There have been all sorts of mysterious goings on in our garden and dishes being moved great distances, but they have never yet completely disappeared. We had one of the square pottery hedgehog dishes that was moved some 12 feet across the patio, up a steep step and up a grassy bank where it was found upside down with its contents still underneath! A camera was trained on the dish, but recorded nothing. Every time something strange has occurred a camera has failed at a critical moment. In fact only last night, a hedgehog managed to move a feeding bowl several inches and throw the saucer that was covering it down a step, but yet again the camera recorded nothing. It did however, manage to record two cats and several birds including robins finishing off the leftovers. The only logical explanation is that the hedgehogs have some kind of camera jamming device. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog