Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hi There!

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hi There!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’m new to hedgehog street.
    How can I help?
    I’m 9, and a parent helped me create this account.

Hello and welcome, you will find lots of information on the site. Is a bit slow on the forum at the moment.
    Hedgehog highways are very good to make sure that they can get from garden to garden. Putting out food and water. A hedgehog house would be great for hibernation. And a feeding station. dry catfood, chicken flavour is good for them. No to dry mealworms as they are like sweets to hedgehogs and hard to wean them off them.
    But look around the site here first, as there is a wealth of information to help you along the way. Just one thing, hedgehogs can be quite addictive, as many here will confirm. But the rewards for helping is quite immeasurable.
    Forgot a most important note, are hedgehogs coming into the garden at the moment? or in the area near you. Will want to find that out before start spending too much money. Just make a rough shelter for the time being and put out some cat food and water. Just be aware, the shelter needs to be quite cat proof, as you don’t want to feed them.
    Willpar.

Nic

Hi AudreyLovesHedgehogs

Welcome to the Hedgehog Street Forum. So pleased you decided to join us.

If you click on ‘My Hedgehog Street’ – top right of this page you will find there is a list of information, including downloadable resources – which a parent may be able to help you with.

This one gives you lots of ideas of how to help hedgehogs:

https://www.hedgehogstreet.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Kids-flyer-A4.pdf

But, you can also help by encouraging everyone you know to look after the hedgehogs, too and tell them how much fun it can be helping hedgehogs and watching them.

There is also lots more information in the ‘Help Hedgehogs’ and ‘All about Hedgehogs’ which you can click on, at the top of this page.

Good luck. Let us know about the hedgehogs near you and how you get on helping them.

Hi AudreyLovesHedgehogs
    So glad you love hedgehogs! There is lots of good advice here to help you.
    They do need need our help; sadly there are less of them now than many years ago when I was your age.
    Maybe you would like to do a little project for school? Just to tell your friends and teachers about the visitors they might have ‘In The Night Garden’ but never know about? And how we can help them?
    My greatest wish is for you to see a hedgehog snuffling around in your garden; you would love them even more 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog