Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Highway mapping

Home Forums Champions’ chat Highway mapping

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Is anyone here involved in trying to map highways? I’m guessing the new Highway competition launched today is Hedgehog Street’s attempt to do that. If not, it’s something we’d like to do locally and would be interested to hear from anyone else who’s done this.

Nic

Hi LizMalone

Hog holes are one of the things which can be logged on the Big Hedgehog Map. So you should be able to zoom in and find those which have already been logged in your local area. But you could encourage more people in your area to add any hog holes to the Hog Map, too.

https://bighedgehogmap.org/

There also seems to be something you can click on, if you follow the link given to the ‘invitation’. I don’t have the right hardware for that – smart phones, I suspect – so not sure where it takes you.

But it seems a great idea to encourage people to make more hog holes – apart from anything else, that way hogs also have less need to cross roads to find suitable habitat – which alone makes it worthwhile.

Nic

I meant follow this link:
    https://www.hedgehogstreet.org/biggest-hedgehog-street/

(sorry to put it separately – the forum often doesn’t like more than one link in each post!)

Nic

p.s. If that doesn’t help, it does also mention in the link above:

If you have any questions get in touch via hedgehog@ptes.org

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog