Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hog asleep at night

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hog asleep at night

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hey
    Wee question if anyone can help? I have two hog houses in the back garden and a separate feeding station. Noticed this morning I have a resident and seen two hogs in the garden tonight. When I went back to check one has taken itself off into the house and seems to be sleeping. Is this normal? Or should I be worried?
    Thanks

Nic

Hi DarkPassenger78

Hogs quite often have naps between snacks, so as long as it isn’t staying in there all night, and is actually venturing out to feed, hopefully it’s o.k. In general it’s best not to look into boxes too much, in case there is a female producing young ones – although not sure that’s what you meant.

Good luck and happy hog watching.

Hey
    Thanks for getting back to me ๐Ÿ™‚ The house it was in has a huge tunnel made by the hogs in the straw and if you look in the door you can see if ones in there so I never need to disturb them and never would. It was gone by morning but I continue to have regular visits each night I even had a young hog last night was super cute and very curious. Polished off the cat meat I gave it ๐Ÿ˜€

Nic

Sounds brilliant. You are lucky having a hoglet there!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog