Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hog houses

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I have 5 hogs visiting my garden..possibly a couple more. First sightings after the long heatwave in years. One in particular waits patiently at 9pm for me to put the hedgehog food out for him (we call this one Speedy as he dashes from under the gate towards the food as soon as he hears me pop it on the ground). They get a mix of biccys of Spikes, Brambles, James Wellbeloved Grain free turkey (seems most popular) plus any scrapings of bowl of grain free high protien wet cat food my cats havn’t finished (usually Animonda Carny) and lastly a couple of Bran Flakes. Plenty bowls of water. So I am wondering where they are all living as my garden is surrounded by public pathways leading to a primary school and fencing and the other gardens in the area are pretty plain with not much hedging or folliage…..except one house 6 houses down which is owned by a very old gentleman whos garden is like “Steptoes” yard…full of junk and old washing machines. He is in and out of hospital and I worry his garden will soon be cleared and this is where I presume the majority live because of all the available nooks and crannies. I am happy to set up some hog houses in my garden. I have planted lots of established hedges abd hydrangea plants anyway this year….but I am worried the hogs wont take to them as there is litterally no place that I can put them that does not back onto a public path. At 8.45am and 3.10pm these paths are swamped with noisy kids for 30mins and this would disturb the hogs? Advice welcomed.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog