Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hog in Garage.. What to do

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hog in Garage.. What to do

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have noticed that there is a hog in my garage… I have 3 or 4 that visit each night for food and water but it’s the first time I have noticed one in my garage !
    I leave my garage door slighly open as I keep logs in there and want a good airflow.. I suspect he is in a pile of logs.
    My dilemma is in the winter I start removing the logs .. I dont know where he is.. should I try and find him and evict him before winter as I would hate to have to move him mid-winter if I disturbed him…
    Advice needed.. thank you.

Nic

Hi laurabiding

Are you sure the hog is actually nesting in the garage, or could it be just visiting to see if it can find any beetles, etc. round the woodpile? If you think he is staying in there, I would get a hog box and put it nearby with lots of materials that he could make a nest with, also nearby and hopes he moves in there.

The trouble is, if he moves out, I suppose there is nothing to stop another one from moving in. If you disturb one, accidentally, it’s handy to have a spare hog box you could put it into – in those circumstances, with some nesting material already in there that the hog could burrow under.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog