Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hog latrine.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Hog latrine.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    An update on my visiting hogs. There are 2. I’ve been advised that it is possibly a mother and hoglet. Anyway, over the last 5 months they eaten me out of house and home. I only use Spikes hog biscuits. They love them. I think they have hibernated now. I suspect they are sharing the same hoghouse. I do have two houses which they used. I don’t want to disturb them. They are both the same size now. My concern recently is that they always pooed on the garden and grass. But recently I haven’t seen evidence. So I searched the garden. Behind my large number of garden plant pots I found dozens of piles of poo. Is this normal? I have wondered if they didn’t like doing it on the frozen grass and soil during this cold spell. Not seen either for two days now. Two days ago one was out gobbling all the food during daylight. So I believe they are now sleeping. ❤️

You don’t have to spend a fortune to feed your little visitors, (unless you want to of course). Any dry small dog or cat food will do the trick as Spikes is quite expensive in comparison.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog