Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hog living in plant pot in the garden

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hog living in plant pot in the garden

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have a good sized hog living in an upturned plant pot in my garden.

He appears about 9.10 pm every night to have his dinner.

I would like to know if I should be feeding him every night. I give him Brambles Hedgehog food (biscuits and meat) and water.

Thanks

Sarah

Yes absolutely keep feeding. He will only be supplementing his food anyway, but hogs are struggling in this hot weather as the ground is too hard for them to dig.

Thank you!

I will keep feeding / watering and fatten him up for hibernation.

Thanks again

At least one hog visits my garden most nights. For quite some time now the food I’ve been putting out (cat food and cat biscuits) has been left completely untouched whereas it used to be polished off every night. I realise different hogs may have different preferences, but this current state of affairs is puzzling, especially as I would have thought the extra food would be a help during the hot weather. Does anyone have any possible explanation please?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog