Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hog moving shoes around garden

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Hog moving shoes around garden

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Been leaving scrub shoes outside during pandemic. Hog has been carrying them from outside the backdoor onto the lawn and towards the hedgehog house😂
    Anyone ever experienced anything like this?
    Any idea why the hog has taken a shine to my shoes?😳😂

Nic

Hi Mush

Are you certain that it’s the hog? i.e. have you actually seen the hog moving the shoes on video? Or even actually seen it yourself? Is it possible that it could be some other animal that is doing the moving of the shoes?

Hi Nic,
    Yes I saw the hog take the shoe last night, he returned to get the other but got spooked cause of my presence.
    Very funny to witness, I’m truly baffled by it.
    The shoes are left outside the back door close to the feeding station so I’m wandering if the hog feels threatened by them being there whilst eating..
    Need to catch it on film cause it’s so funny to see.

Nic

Hi Mush

Yes, video would be interesting. They seem large objects for hogs to be moving around, although they seem to be quite capable of shunting other hogs around, so maybe not.

I have just spoken to someone today who is always finding her tea towels in hedgehog nests…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog