Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hog not leaving garden-normal?

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Hog not leaving garden-normal?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I have had a few in the garden on and off since april, but recently one had taken up residence and for the last 4 nights hasnt left the garden.It looks realy healthy, feeds and drinks normaly and doesnt act any differently to any others that have visited.It has been quite windy and rainy last few nights so could this be why? just wanted to make sure there isnt anything potentialy wrong i guess.Thanks.

Sounds like it’s found a hotel to live in.
    As long as it’s behaviour is normal and purposeful don’t worry

I thought maybe given the time of year and it is a male, maybe its looking to save a bit of energy? no females around here at present that i know of(we had 2 run over within the last 3 months), which was most upsetting,so maybe it doesnt have anything to go wandering too far for?

thanks for your reply anyway

paul.

Our small garden has seen the same recently – three or four days in a row. The hog is a large frequent visitor.
    Weather was changeable, though I’ve seen no sustained pattern in this respect.

so day 5 now and he hasnt left the garden at all.eats normaly in the night and drinks plenty, then just goes back to bed!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog