Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hog sitting

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hog sitting

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello all, I’m currently abroad and have my dear daughter hog sitting in my absence. She has just checked in and tells me both hogs look active and eating well, but the hogs are leaving poo in the feeding station that doesn’t look firm and healthy! Should I be concerned? The hogs food on offer has not been changed. I’ve been feeding spikes and jellied dog food for the past few months. Obviously I can’t have full control or knowledge of what they consume, but wondered if there is any obvious answer for the change in stools.

My hedgehogs keep leaving poos in there too! yesterday there was a healthy looking one, and today another healthy one, I presume black and hard is healthy?

But a week ago I saw a softer brown poo, and when I first starting feeding them (just hedgehog biscuits, no wet food or cat biscuits) and fresh water – I saw a little patch of very wet brown poo.

I don’t know why, but I guess if we keep feeding them spikes, and dog food in jelly, I think it will be okay – as that is what hedgehog rescue centres probably use.

Maybe if it continues, you could ring BPHS – for now perhaps just monitor it.

Hi Hettihog, what are you like, lol, enjoy yourself and try not to worry. It happens sometimes depending on what they eat in the field, so to speak! Ask your draught to monitor it as previously said, but very likely just something that happens just like us. I’ve noticed when weather is very wet poo sometime is wetter. Best wishes.

PS, damn phone, should have said ask your daughter…..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog