Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hoglets are finally out!

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hoglets are finally out!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi All,

It has been quite an eventful few weeks here in our wild Basingstoke garden! Day after day starting approx 3/4 weeks back a fully grown hedgehog was out and about in our garden and beyond always between 16:30 and 19:30. Was just very excited to have one, as I had my suspicions that she had made their home in our garden waste pile, but was also concerned seeing her out and about in daylight hours. I checked around on the internet and saw the only reasons a fully grown healthy hedgehog would be out and about at that time was if she was a expecting or new mother!! My hopes grew and we’re finally founded this evening! Four! That’s right four little hedgehogs were rummaging around in our garden late this evening (and still are by the sounds of it!). Earlier in the evening I had checked our camera trap overlooking their food bowl and seen two of the little hogs (which was absolutely wonderful), and after going out this evening (at the time they appeared in the photos), it turns out the mother has given birth to four amazing little hogs and they all seem inquisitive and cheeky all at once.

I will try and upload photos of the little ones when I can, but if the early photos are anything to go by they’ll be incredible.

I’ll keep putting food and water out for them all and hope they never leave!

BLT

It is such amazing privlage watching them grow and develop, you’l get very attached to them (if not already🤣)

Oh it’s already happened 😂 I feel like they’re my kids. I don’t like seeing them leave the garden!

I’m so pleased for you Alex, that’s wonderful news. I’m very proud and protective of my hogs and hoglets too, I’m sure my work colleagues are tired of me constantly talking about them!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog