Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hogs living under a shed that needs replacing

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hogs living under a shed that needs replacing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    We are lucky enough to have a hog that has been living under the shed for about 3 or 4 years now. I presume its the same one that has been there all this time.

Last night we caught a second hog on the nature cam for the very first time and based on their antics, we may soon have a family under there πŸ˜‰

The issue is. the shed needs replacing and its a job we’ve been putting off for 2 years now because of Mrs Hog.

Would anyone have any suggestions on how we could go about this without causing upset to Mrs. Hog? I’d hate for her to move on. We would not even go in the shed if babies appeared and would be more than happy to wait, but it needs to be done.

Nic

Hi SmurfPrickles

Are you sure that the hog has been living under the shed all that time and not using it as an access route. Normally hogs change nests far more often than that.

Maybe you could set up some hog houses, in the hope that the hog/s might move into them.

If there really are hogs nesting under the shed, I don’t see how you could replace it without disturbing them. Can you see under the shed with a torch to see if there really is/are nest/s there?

Hi Nic,

Since posting… we now have two and by the looks of the late night action caught on camera, we may have a family soon! πŸ™‚

Mr comes and goes but every night the other one comes out at dusk from under the shed. We have concrete fence bases and there are no access points into the garden from that side.

She has disappeared over winter in the past but I also didn’t put the camera out much so she may have been around. Food was not taken regularly.

There is a lot of rubble under the shed. I’ve had a good look but as there are. a lot of bricks and offcuts of stone, its impossible to see front to back.

Sorry, I know thats not very conclusive. We’re in no rush to move it and certainly would not while I had any signs she was still around.

It makes my night every night when she returns πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog