Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Holidays

Home Forums Champions’ chat Holidays

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am about to go on holiday but I have a hog visiting my feeding staion regularly. What should I do about my absence? I don’t think that I can ask my neighbours to pop into my garden and fill up the feeding bowls.

When I went on holiday I filled up a couple of bowls full of cat biscuits. What do you feed?

I usually use Spikes dry or moist food.

Nic

The ideal thing would be to get a friend or neighbour to feed them. If you leave loads of food out you may just be feeding the local cats or rats!

If you can’t, the hog should be alright. What we feed is really only supplementary feeding, and hopefully it will be able to find some wild food, or food from someone else. Try to leave lots of water out though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog