Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

House Cleaning

Home Forums Champions’ chat House Cleaning

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ARH

Hello

I have a female, who used to sleep in the hog house every night for around 3 weeks, but now only returns every night to the separate feeding station and then has a shuffle in the separate house but then leaves. I do remove any poo left in the entrance of the house but I don’t touch the bedding – should I change the bedding or just leave it?

Thank you

Nic

Hi ARH

If you are certain that the hog has vacated, I would probably give the house a clean out during the day, including using boiling water to kill any parasite eggs which might be hiding in the joints. Once it’s dry you could put a small amount of bedding in and leave some more nearby so that any hog can take it in if they should so wish.

More info: https://www.hedgehogstreet.org/cleaning-out-boxes/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog