Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

How can we stop the hogs getting killed on the roads?

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings How can we stop the hogs getting killed on the roads?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone, Ive ordered some warning signs just stating ‘SLOW! HEDGEHOGS!’ to put out on our road as so many are being killed and I thought it may just make people look at night. Better than nothing and I cant just keep seeing the poor things killed. Has anyone got any other ideas? Carolyn

Nic

Hi carolystudd

It’s very sad how many hogs are killed on the roads. This seems a particularly bad time of the year with hoglets around.

The best thing you can do to prevent this is to encourage everyone to link their gardens. That way the hogs have more habitat available to them without having to cross the roads so much. Going hand in hand with that is to encourage people to make their gardens more wildlife friendly, but it is the linking that is the most important. If everyone linked their gardens, a hog might never have to cross a road.

https://www.hedgehogstreet.org/help-hedgehogs/link-your-garden/

Well done getting the signs. I hope they help.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog