Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

How much bedding

Home Forums Champions’ chat How much bedding

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

My hedgehogs (newly arrived as seem to have been ousted from whereever they were before) are going in the houses even slept in there once, but I haven’t put much bedding in there yet as i didn’t want to put them off – the garden is tiny and there is nothing available for their collection – can’t put hay out near boxes as would just be soaking wet – should I put more in, put some hay out semi covered up so they can use it – advice please!

Nic

Hi Bree

Many hogs prefer to take in their own bedding, so it’s best to leave piles of leaves, etc, in the garden for them. Even if you can put a small sheet of wood propped against the hog box with potential bedding underneath it might help. The best thing is leaves, so if you know anyone who has lots of leaves in their garden, maybe they could let you have some and you could leave some piles somewhere fairly near the hog box.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog