Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Huffy is back

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Huffy is back

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I think it’s Huffy anyway, as he still has a white mark on his rump.

I saw him half an hour ago eating the dried food in the feeding station and getting a drink. Then another hog is currently in the FS, and Huffy came back, and waited for his turn, but decided to give up.

I think most of the hogs that are in my garden visit quite a few times each night.

Nic

Hi HedgieLover

Good to hear that Huffy (or if not him at least another hog) is back.

Yes, it’s quite normal for hogs to visit feeding stations, sometimes several times a night.

It’s been a busy night tonight – some nights I miss all the action, but all the food has gone by morning – but tonight it all kicked off at 10pm – 3 hogs in the garden at the same time, pushing each other to get to the food.

Not sure if Huffy has been out tonight, didn’t recognise any of the 3 tonight – it’s hard when they are similar sizes – but if they are really regular, I get to know who each one is.

I think it was Huffy who I saw last night, as the mark on his rump is on the left side, and it curls round, bit like a spiral, it’s the exact same mark Huffy had on last year in the exact same place. He was one of my most regular visitors last year, so no wonder he found his way back.

I recognised a new hog, who I called Skylar, she was fairly small, and I was able to recognise her due to her behaviour and the same way she eats her food each night, but haven’t seen her for a while, she has been very regular since April, I’d see her about 2 or 3 times a night before 12am – so I wonder if she has grown a bit, and that’s why I can’t recognise her anymore?

Shame I don’t recognise Calvin anymore, I really don’t know which hog he is, or if he even visits me anymore.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog