Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

I was here first!!!- hedgehog pushing another out of the way!

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings I was here first!!!- hedgehog pushing another out of the way!

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Avatar photoNic.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nic

Hi Michael

Sorry I didn’t see your video as it required signing in, which I didn’t particularly want to do. However, I can make a guess at the scenario.

Male hogs in particular can be very intolerant of other male hogs being in their personal space, wherever that happens to be. If females or food are included in the scenario, that may increase their intolerance. But I suspect more aggression may happen at feeding areas, than elsewhere, because that is where hogs are ‘encouraged’ to congregate. But hogs do not have territories which they defend, as such – they have ranges which overlap with the ranges of other hogs.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog