Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Incredibly sad film of an urban hedgehog on Winterwatch

Home Forums Champions’ chat Incredibly sad film of an urban hedgehog on Winterwatch

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nic

I have just seen a really sad film about a poor hedgehog, desperately trying to survive in the urban jungle.

Please everyone – Help hedgehogs to have their plight debated in Parliament by signing the two petitions (both vitally important to hedgehogs) and tell all your family and friends about them.

It is very quick and easy to sign. Please don’t put it off. The hedgehogs really need our help now.

Petition against the A24 trap which kills hedgehogs started by BHPS:
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/206274

Petition to ‘Make Hedgehogs a protected species’ started by Anne Brummer:
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/209872

Hi Nic,

Yes the piece about the hedgehogs demise on Winterwatch was incredibly sad…almost brought tears to my eyes.:-( Very clever how they filmed it from a hedgehogs view of the world in an inner city.

I had read before that hedgehogs were attracted to toxic chemicals, but I didn’t relate it to the self anointing. The sooner they can be made a protected species the better!

Yes it was quite sad about the hedgehog on Winterwatch. Just goes to show of their plight.
    Both petitions signed.
    My hedgehogs are snuggled up at the moment, wont be long now before the first ones emerge from their winter slumber. Will start putting out cameras again in a couple of weeks or so.

Willpar.

Hi William

Put your cameras out sooner rather than later and some food and water my juveniles came out on 27th January and I am feeding them every night. I have had my camera on all winter and yes it has been mainly a cat and blackbirds feeding on the Ark food but the young hedgehogs are back.

Anne

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog