Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Is anyone else Hog spotting in the Groves York?!!

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Is anyone else Hog spotting in the Groves York?!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi I’m new to Hedgehog Street and not to boast but I’ve seen four hogs in our communal garden in central York. I’m round the back of St Johns College and assume that’s where the hogs live and that they come into our communal garden as part of their nightly patrol. I’m worried about the development of flats in what was an old peoples home that joins onto our garden. What was the garden of the home will now be parking spaces and I’m worried about hogs crossing between St Johns and our garden. I guess one thing I need to do is get in touch with St Johns and see if they are aware of the hogs, they do have log piles and a tiny wildlife area, so I’m guessing that they do. I’m so excited and amazed at having Hedgehogs so near. I had never seen a real hog before late last summer :-D. I’ve started to put out cat biscuits in order to get to see them and add to boost food supplies.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog