Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Its back

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

So happy to see on camera 1 back after seeing one on road last week.

Nic

Brilliant news, nancaz2325, although sad to hear about the one on the road. Don’t forget to enter the poor hog on the Big Hedgehog Map. Hope this one stays out of trouble.

@Nic how do i find the map.

Nic

Hi nancaz2325

Sorry, should have said. Via the home page of Hedgehog Street. I know it’s a sad thing to have to do, but when I found one here, I thought, at least it’s existence was recorded and hopefully the information will help other hogs.

You can put any live ones you see on it too.

We had 3 on garden last night . was lovely.

Nic

Good to hear. I’ve had some back from hibernation here too. Always lovely to see more returning.

Hi all. Bertie the hedgehog is back from hibernation……and he’s brought a friend with him! Not sure if ‘friend’ is really the right word as Bertie nudges him/her out of the way and I haven’t seen them together since one night last week. I’m fairly sure the second one (Bertha/Basil?) is still visiting our feeding box as he/she seems to have two slightly paler patches on his/her back. I’m sure it will soon become clear whether he/she is friend or foe! Bertie was so small when I found him in our garden 18 months ago and he didn’t hibernate at all winter 17/18 so I kept my fingers crossed that he was hibernating when he didn’t turn up on my camera for his usual bedtime feed one night last autumn. All winter I’ve been wondering whether he would come back ok. He’s putting on the pounds and seems really well.

Nic

HI slugfest

Glad to hear that Bertie is back safe and sound. Hedgehogs aren’t known for having friends! But males will tolerate females and youngsters, but usually not other males. Are you absolutely certain Bertie is a male?

Hope they all continue to do well – friends or otherwise!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog