Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

It's getting kinda crowded

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings It's getting kinda crowded

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

So i’ve had to order another Hedgehog House. It seems now my garden has become the local ‘all you can eat buffet’ . It started off with one and now its three. The other night there was a little fight that was quite vicious and saw the smaller hog thrown and it shocked me, having never seen or thought hedgehogs could be aggressive. All seems calm again thankfully. Another thing i’ve observed if the smaller hog popping out of the house in the daytime and laying stretched out under the bushes in the sun for a few minutes then going back into the house. It seems fine in itself, eating very well and drinking and coming and going through the night but it worried me it being out in the day. I’ve checked for injury and ticks and there aren’t any, should i be worried.

Nic

Hi Bonnie71

It isn’t normal for hogs to lie out in the sun. I think you should take advice from your nearest hedgehog carer. You can get the number of your nearest one by ringing the BHPS on 01584 890801. You can explain the situation more fully to them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog