Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Just checking in

Home Forums Champions’ chat Just checking in

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi all you lovely hedgehog people out there. Just checking in. All my hogs have hibernated…. I’m so fed up and down now I’m not seeing any of them. Hoping they are all safe and peacefully sleeping. It’s been so very cold here, so in milder areas you are so lucky to still be seeing them. Just want to wish you all a happy Christmas and thank you for all the help and advice you’ve given over the last year. Best wishes.

Hi Annker and all the other hedgehog people out there.
    Following on with Annker here……..Merry Xmas!
    Lets hope 2020 is a great year for the hedgehogs
    Thank you to everyone for their advice and support.
    It’s very much appreciated

Happy Xmas to all hedgehog champions! I have been very pleased this year to see a considerable increase in hog stories and awareness in the media, particularly on Countryfile and Channel 5. We do seem to be having an impact, let’s all hope it continues. It has been a very challenging year for rescue centres with large numbers of admissions and there has been a real problem with the volume of Autumn juveniles. A lot of centres are now reporting a serious issue with juvenile hog fatalities so it’s very important to keep the momentum going.

A very happy 2020 to all the Hedgehog people out there. Hoping for a good year for all the hedgehogs. Despite the loud “fireworks”, I’ve not seen any hogs around, so hope they are still sleeping and tucked up safely. Its still cold in Lancashire, so it’s going to be a while before they emerge. Thanks to all of you who help people like myself and very best wishes to you all.

Happy new year to you all as well, and thanks so much for all your advice and answering my questions.

MY hogs got more Christmas presents than I did this year, however, I did ask people to give me stuff, for the hedgehogs, so a lot of my presents were actually for the hedgehogs, and the presents for myself were all hedgehog related, (ornaments with hedgehogs on etc).

My trial camera isn’t working very well at the moment, I think I know what the problem is, but might have to buy a better one. But thankfully there isn’t much action so don’t need to use it at the moment anyway,

Nic

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone.

Nic

Hi Hedgie Lover

If you are thinking of getting a new trail camera, I was very impressed with Naturespy Shop. https://shop.naturespy.org/ They are a not-for-profit organisation. You can ring them up and have a chat about which camera would be best for you. I rang on the Friday afternoon before Christmas, was able to order over the phone and the camera arrived the next morning, complete with free memory card! Amazing service.

BELATED HAPPY NEW YEAR-
    I have just popped out of hibernation myself.
    Having a little feed and a bit more rest before all the hoggies come back and babies in the spring!!!
    So excited.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog