Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Just found this fantastic site.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Just found this fantastic site.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone,
    Found this site this morning & wasted no time in logging my hedgehog hole & sightings. When renewing a fence last year I included 2 hedgehog holes, between my garden & the neighbour behind is a small strip of land (approx 30 inches wide) it runs down the entire length of the street & the hogs use it as a highway between gardens. The food I was putting out started to disappear, installed hedgehog cam & was delighted to find numerous spikey visitors. Recently the neighbourhood cats discovered the food as well so I built a feeding station that can only be accessed by hogs. A couple of weeks ago I looked out & saw 2 hogs having fun on the lawn. As they appear to like my garden I decided to make a hedgehog house from a clean wooden pallet, put it out last week & this morning discovered I already had a resident, I am hoping it is a female & that we may soon have hoglets. I have pictures & videos but as I am new to the site I am unsure as to how to attach them, can anyone help with this? Clicked on the IMG button but it asked for a URL of the image, I have images saved on my PC desktop?

Nic

Hi Pavhog37

Welcome to the Forum!

Great news about all the hogs there and well done for all the provisions you’ve made for them. You are lucky if a hog has moved into your hoghouse already – that’s a real seal of approval! Fingers crossed for the patter of little hoglet feet later on. Let us know.

Good luck and happy hog watching.

p.s. You can put photos/video on here if it is already somewhere else on the internet. Otherwise you can put video on the Hedgehog Street YouTube :
    https://www.hedgehogstreet.org/my-hedgehog-street/your-hedgehog-videos/

You can add photos to the gallery via the home page. I’ll put the link for that on a separate post as the Forum doesn’t seem to like more than one link per post.

Nic

https://www.hedgehogstreet.org/gallery/

Once your images are on one of those places, I think you can add the link to your post on the Forum.

Hi Nic.

Thanks for the response & guidance on photo/video uploading, it is greatly appreciated.
    My 11 year old daughter is absolutely captivated by our spikey visitors, so much so that one of the Xmas presents she wanted was hedgehog cam.
    We are trying to make our garden as wildlife friendly as possible & have recently planted numerous shrubs, bushes & trees, we installed a small pond (with sloped sides), a bug hotel & a log pile. Hopefully something for all the local wildlife.
    We are closely watching each night & will keep the forum informed of progress & upload images & video.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog