Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Just when we thought all was good

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Just when we thought all was good

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

after having 4 visit our garden for the last few months and 2 staying regularly, i today found one dead in the road(bloody cars) i was devistated.What i was realy peed about is that people just leave them where they are, so that cars just carry on running over them i just cant stand it.So i picked it up and buried it in the local woods.So sad 🙁

The same thing happened to me last summer. I was so furious that someone had run over the hog and just left it outside my house. I live in a cul de sac so I made a huge fuss about it so whoever had done it would have heard that I was ready to put them down the same hole as the hog in my garden. It hasn’t happened again.

There are simply too many cars on the road, not sure what can be done, I joined this site to log sightings and road kill and to appreciate what we have while they are still here.

Nic

Very sad to hear about all the poor hedgehogs who died on the roads.

The best thing everyone can do to help the hogs is to encourage everyone in their area to create a hog highway. That way, the hogs will have access to more habitat without having to cross roads so much.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog