Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Juveniles at last

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Juveniles at last

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Have been quite concerned that I have not had any of this years juveniles in my garden.

Well that was until last night when I found a juvenile by my door. I did weigh it and came in at 390gr, so not a bad weight. Was a very dark one.

Reviewing the videos from last night, I have 3 cameras out, two o the cameras showed more juveniles. The camera by front door showed another dark juvenile. So that makes two.

Gardencam showed two little ones together in feeding station, both light in colour, then another clip showed another two come separately. So I have a definite four juveniles from two different litters.
    Things are looking up, and there was me thinking maybe not this year.

willpar.

That’s excellent news Willpar, no such luck here as of yet, although our only female has just vanished again looking rather rotund…wouldn’t be the first time that they started showing up in December…Eeeek!

Update on my juveniles. I have five now coming in for food and one adult. Don’t think I have ever had that many come in before. Not all at once but through the night. Am putting out three largish bowls of food out each night, all being eaten. May have to up the rations.

Willpar.

Nic

Hi Willpar

That’s such good news! One year I had 12 turn up! Although that was unusual. I sometimes wonder whether it’s because some people stop feeding too soon. Only 2 so far this year, but I’m happy with that. Lovely to see.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog