Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Keep feeding hedgies and watering

Home Forums Champions’ chat Keep feeding hedgies and watering

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

It looks like it is going to be like 2016 where I fed hedgehogs all through the winter. Last Saturday I released two hedgehogs both from my garden one who had been treated for ringworm who I rescued about 4 weeks ago, the other who was underweight who got huffy and puffy and need releasing as it was detrimental to his wellbeing. As I am still feeding hedgehogs every night I felt it safe to do so. I still have 3 in my care who will stay with me till spring. I have rescued 8 from my garden 2 have died which were to ill to save and even though I got to them there was nothing that could be done. Two of my boys are shedding quills so they are 4 months old (born September) the other is a little girl who came from a vets to my lady who fosters them out. I am desperate for female hedgies as mine are all male to keep my successful family of hedgehogs going.

Hi

I have one hibernating in the house outside and still feeding one that visits. This year has been extremely mild though very wet where I live in west Cornwall. I will continue to feed as long as the food keeps being eaten anyway. I wonder if this will be the norm with climate change and warmer winters? It certainly seems that way to me.

Cheers. Elsie.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog