Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Keeping cats off the hedgehog food!

Home Forums Champions’ chat Keeping cats off the hedgehog food!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi everybody. I sometimes leave a wildlife camera on over night and when I checked this morning two different cats had visited and helped themselves to some of the food. at least one of the cats lies in wait during the day and hass decimated the pigeons that come to feed.
    any ideas on how to ‘cat proof’ the hedgehog food? Don’t want to spend a fortune on a fancy feeding station but there must be w ==a way to keep them off!

Hi have had the same problem, but i get no cats eating the food now, i bought a cheap plastic storage box cut an hole in one side and put a couple of bricks in front of it , leaving enough space for hog to get in and works brill. I have a trail camera on it and the cats cannot get to the food at all good luck

Hello, same as Sue. Concrete or bricks in front of the entrance (13cm away) and weighted on top.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog