Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Lazy hedgehogs

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Lazy hedgehogs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have two resident hedgehogs who can get out of the back garden but don’t ever seem to leave. There’s plenty of bugs and slugs, and I put kibble down, but I still thought they would roam.
    They both come out way before dusk to have a root around, and often only a few feet away from my cat, a British Blue. She taps them occasionally but they just ruffle their spines at her, and get on with eating their food. She doesn’t stay out all night so they have the garden to themselves after dark.
    Sometimes they even ignore me if I stand very still, I’ve never attempted approaching them so they must feel secure.
    I have a small garden and they have seemed to have split it in half, so I have placed one feeding station in both halves and two habitats in each side.
    There were a couple of visitors in May, they were huffing for hours, so I’m sure that they at least one has young ones in her homes.
    I feel blessed, I love gardening and am happy that it has provided a nice home for these little hedgehogs.
    I wish I could upload a video I have of my cat with one of the hedgehogs, it’s quite amazing to see.

Nic

Hi Carolyn.839

Sounds like they are lucky hogs! Fingers crossed there are some hoglets around and that you see them soon. They are great fun to watch.

You can get your videos put on the Hedgehog Street YouTube – then you can add the link here in the forum. Here is the info. on how to get them added:
    https://www.hedgehogstreet.org/my-hedgehog-street/your-hedgehog-videos/

Good luck and happy hog watching!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog