Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

legs collapsing

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog legs collapsing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have tried to attach a video of my visiting hedgehogs having trouble walking . Our local rescue centre said that there is a virus going around causing similar symptoms and to clean dishes every night or even stop feeding for a while to stop it spreading.

I now have had only 1 visiting hog in the last week (2 or three have gone).

I fear that they may have died or be unable to walk any more.

I can see that another lady has posted something similar.Has anybody else seen this in their area and had a positive outcome?
    /Users/sarahclark/Desktop/wobbles.AVI

/Users/sarahclark/Desktop/wobbles2.AVI

Hi sarah75.
    I tried to access your link but couldn’t.. That is so worrying about a virus going around, I daily clean dishes but will be extra careful and move them to different areas too.
    It’s quite impossible to get hogs to practice social isolation thou isn’t it ! Thank you for posting this information.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog