Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Little hog back in the wild life hospital

Home Forums Champions’ chat Little hog back in the wild life hospital

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

What a to do I’ve had. My little hoglet was returned from the wildlife hospital all lovely and better, flea and tick free.
    A couple of nights later I noticed on the camera one of the hogs had a limp so called the hospital again and round they came and took the hedgehog from the house the limping one had gone into, but two hours later they were back with it saying it all checked out fine, nothing wrong at all, but they had scanned her and she was pregnant with they think three little hoglets, so off she went back to sleep in her little house.

Yesterday morning, checked the camera and the limping hog had gone into the bigger house and had settled from what I could see. Phoned the hospital again and round they came to check the hog out, sure enough it was holding its front leg up and had a little injury to its face so they have taken it in to find out what’s wrong and put it right.

I also noticed mum to the two of them was out for a few minutes the other afternoon having a drink and looking in the feed station. I asked the lady that came for the little one and she said she’s probably either pregnant or had babies and it was a chance for her to get out and have a break for food and water for a few minutes and not to worry unless she’s out repeatedly during the day and moving slowly or appearing to be lethargic. I haven’t seen her out since during the day so I am hoping she is fine and doing just as they say.

Nic

Hi Jackietb

Oh dear the hogs there do seem to be having problems! Good to hear there is a pregnant one, though. Hope the limping one is ok.

Let us know if any hoglets appear!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog