Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Lots of hedgehogs here!!

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Lots of hedgehogs here!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

We have seen more hedgehogs here this summer than we have in total during the last 30 years.
    Unfortunately, 3 were dead (one got stuck in a drain pipe), but going out in the evenings a couple of months ago there were several in the edges of the fields and more recently we have met them in the garden and in an area of trees we have, in the late afternoons.
    It’s not easy to put that many on the hedgehogstreet map!!

Nic

Hi Kate S

Good to hear you have been seeing lots of hedgehogs there. Sad to hear some of them were dead.

I agree with you re. the map. I think it may have become a victim of it’s own success, and maybe could do with being adapted now. I’m afraid I gave up after I had put several on, but at least it shows there are hedgehogs in the area.

The hogs have been beginning to drift off to hibernation (although not sure what they are going to make of this warm weather we are expecting), but hopefully most of them will be back next year.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog