Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Mating or fighting ?

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Mating or fighting ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Last night I saw 2 hedgehogs, one was kinda pushing the other with its nose. The one being pushed didn’t move just stayed there …….then my security light went off and when I nipped out so it would go on again both hedgehogs had gone. Not sure if it’s a mating thing or not .

Nic

Hi Jacky

Difficult to say with such a short view/description. Normally if they are trying to push another one along it is aggression, and the one being pushed often resists, but sometimes when they are doing the courtship ‘dance’ the female can get a bit grumpy and nudge the male. And the male sometimes seems to almost try to get underneath the female.

Very annoying of your light to go out! But, usually if it is courtship it goes on for a while and there is a lot of huffing from the female as the male circles her, but they may well have gone quiet when they heard you coming.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog