Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Missing hogs?

Home Forums Champions’ chat Missing hogs?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Lee

I have a largish garden, no chemicals, loads of insect friendly plants bushes trees, places for hogs to hide, etc.

We have been getting at least 2 hogs in the garden (could be more, they all look the same on the camera). Two feeding stations and all food eaten.. however this week 14 June, we are not getting any at all and the food was not eaten again last night. Could this be because they are having hoglets? I will keep putting a small amount of food out each night and hope for a return.

I live on a quiet road with woodland and farmland the other side. Have not seen any victims on the roads.

Hogs can disappear sometimes for a few days and then reappear so keep putting food out. Hogs can travel a long way each night and usually have several nest area’s so they may just not be close at the moment
    It’s possible they are both females and having babies in which case they can often hole up for a few days before emerging starving.
    One query though, have you had badgers move into the area? If so that may be why they have gone also

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog