Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Missing our visitor lately!

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Missing our visitor lately!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

I had a regularly hog visitor last year who I fed/watered (even made a feeding station for them), I believe it has visited this year as dry foods (after a few days) would eventually disappear. However we have had no visits for the last week or so, even the water bowl appears untouched.

I’m hoping he/she hasn’t become a victim to the road near to our estate, however I have seen atleast one casualty :(. I know of atleast 4 gardens in our cul de sac that it has access to, plus there are many areas (gardens, parks and wooded areas) around our house, so I’m hoping they wouldn’t need to venture that far.

Is it not unheard of for hogs to visit less frequently this time of year if there is more food available than winter? Or do they visit regularly all year round?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Nic

Hi DazP92

Hogs do tend to ‘disappear’ at various times. At this time of year there may be more people beginning to leave food out as they realise there are hogs around again. Also young males may move their ranges a bit as they get a bit older. Don’t give up, if there is one hog around, there are likely to be others, so hopefully one/some of them might still visit. Good luck.

Thanks Nic,

I was mostly looking for a reply that would reassure me that our hoggie may have just moved on and may indeed, be alive and well. So thanks for that. I suspected it was a young male, but can’t be certain so hopefully he has just ventured out.
    I’m a huge animal lover, and hate to see any suffer as a consequence to humanity, so I’m continuously invested in helping all creatures. I’ll keep monitoring for any other visitors throughout the year..
    Hopefully I’ll be back asking for more advice soon :).
    Cheers!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog