Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Moles vs Hedgehogs…

Home Forums Champions’ chat Moles vs Hedgehogs…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have had at least 2 hedgehogs in my garden for a few months now and am very happy to see them munching at the Simon King Feeding station which illuminates their feeding bowls and let’s me see then each evening.

However…. my lawn is becoming treacherous and ankle-turning as the moles (which I like but….) tunnel around and about the lawn area. Is there anyway I can humanely encourage the moles to move somewhere else without sending the hedgehogs bimbling away in horror too? I would like to use one of the sonic mole repellants but am worried the hedgehogs will take afront too…

Any suggestions for hedgehog-friendly mole deterrents gratefully received. I have tried the children’s windmills and they work a little bit but don’t last long.
    Many thanks, Pam

Nic

Hi Pastyface

We tried one of those mole repellers in a field once and it didn’t seem to make much difference. But the moles did seem to move on after a while without the repeller, so maybe they’ll do that there, too. Meanwhile enjoy all that lovely soil they dig up – makes brilliant potting compost!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog