Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

More Hedgehogs

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings More Hedgehogs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Last year we had two hedgehogs visit, one male, one female. After a while the female was visiting with her two hoglets. I was even in the garden taking video with my phone with them only feet away.
    So far this year we have seen two males and two females. I have two trail cams that get great pictures.
    Last night, the large female was in along with two males. She was not happy with one of the males and let him know. Alarm calling and even attacking him at one stage. He retaliated.
    She was not bothered by the smaller male. I think that its the same female that was here last year. She first visited with a small female this year, possibly her daughter and I think the smaller male is her son.
    She was not happy with the larger male last year as well, so he could be daddy.
    Its great to see them back and a privilege.

Nic

Hi Kestrel10

It’s good to hear you are enjoying watching the antics of the hogs there. It’s always nice if there are a few visisting so you can see their interactions. Totally agree that it’s great to have them back. A privilege indeed!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog