Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Morning Visitor

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Morning Visitor

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi
    Our hedgehog Hector was in our garden at 7.30 this morning. He was in a corner near the house. I gave him quite a fair bit of Hedgehog food which he very happily consumed. He has been around out garden for several years but this is the first time I have seen him during the day. Is this OK or should I keep a close eye on him?

Hi,
    I am always cautious so if in doubt ring your local carer for advice. There is a possibility he is unwell if out in the day or he could just be a bit slow at getting back to his nest.
    If you do not know your local carer ring the BHPS and they will give you details.
    Is he still out?

He has gone now but I know he is close by I Dee neighbours decking. He had a hearty breakfast and I also left him lots of water. He is a solitary hog no family. I will see if he pops up again today and also seek advice
    Thanks

So this story continues our hedgehog has been visiting our garden scenery evening for the last month regularly eating the food I put out and then foraging around the entire garden before returning to its hole in our fence. Last night though it brought out a baby hoglet who had food and foraged in the garden before mum came to take it back to the nest. As Mum didn’t stay with the hoglet there is probably another hoglet still in the nest. So excited to have breeding hedgehogs in my garden!

All sounds very exciting! How lucky you are to have mother and babies visiting! Happy hog watching, beats anything on tv! Lol

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog