Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Moss and weed killers .

Home Forums Champions’ chat Moss and weed killers .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    Can you tell me whether weed killers and moss killers for pathways are a danger to hedgehogs.
    My paths are really very bad this year and I have to clear them. They are on the hedgehog route, where they come almost every night through the season and where I put their food out for them.
    Can anyone offer some advice ,please.
    Thank you

It depends what you are using. Check the label – it will tell you if it’s a danger to wildlife – if it is then don’t use it.
    Have you tried just jet washing without chemicals?

Nic

Hi Puddleduck

Just using water and a stiff brush works quite well, too – if you have the energy! but you could do a bit at a time.

I don’t like using any chemicals with the hogs around.

Hello,
    I;m sorry not ot have acknowledged your replies. Thank you for them. I have decided not to use any products and continue to brush and scrape. Hard going but I would never forgive myself if my hedghogs disappeared .
    Three were outside last night, they seemd to be a friendly group and possibly last years babies as they were reasonably small in comparison to others I have seen. They all scurried off in a what seemed like a playful mood to the same place….. through a hole under my fence to underneath next doors decking ! I’m going to ask next door to put their camera underneath it (if they can) .
    Having finished distributing your leaflets this week , those left over from last years and this years lockdown, so have emailed to request some more. Thank you for your brilliant Hedgehog website. X

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog