Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Move a hog that I’m concerned about?

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Move a hog that I’m concerned about?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

11.30pm…There’s a hog outside my front door sheilding from the torrential rain, but still there an hour later, not eaten the food I put out. I have a nice dry shed with an empty hoggie motel in it round the back, with a little doorway, which leads back round the front, so it wouldn’t be trapped. Should I move it into the dry, or should I not interfere? It’s big, so not underweight. Advice if anyone is awake? ๐Ÿ™‚

Messages have to be authorised so don’t pop up immediately

Sounds like there is something wrong with the hog, so if you still have it then I suggest you contact your nearest carer. They don’t need to look underweight to be sick

Thank you Stef,
    I can report that I placed hoggie in the shed, leaving the camera rolling. Next day I looked at the video and he explored, tucked into loads of food, drank water, and returns every night now. Hoping I’ll have a Winter guest. Thank you again. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi I currently have a hedgehog that taktakes a nightly nap in one of my Hedgehog houses. Is this normal? I’m not sure how long it takes it’s nap for, but it disappears come daylight. When I have checked on it, it appears to be a good size. However, I was concerned that since it is taking a nap at night, it might be unwell. Does anyone have any words of advice? TIA

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog