Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Mrs Hog missing for 3 weeks

Home Forums Champions’ chat Mrs Hog missing for 3 weeks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi all, I’ve been filming activity of my hoggies and had various visitors. Mid April there was definite courting between two hoggies
    on several occasions. I now haven’t seen my lady hog for about 3 weeks. Should I be worried or could she be on a nest and not out and about?….Am I to expect some baby hoggie action soon?

Nic

Hi Emmadale

It is always very worrying when our regular visitors suddenly disappear and one of the downsides of getting attached to a wild animal. Of course life for a hog has many dangers, but there are other possible explanations for the absence.

It’s possible the hog could have gone off somewhere to produce youngsters, in which case she may not want to go too far away from where the nest is. Also the route the hog took to get to you could have been blocked for some reason (in which case the hog may or may not find another route through) and someone nearer to where the hog tends to spend more time may have started feeding. etc.

Fingers crossed it is hoglet related and the hog returns soon. Let us know.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog