Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Mummy hogs behaviour

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Mummy hogs behaviour

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi all. I have a hog nesting under my decking. I’m not sure if male or female but the one i saw the other day was very fat and big. Then saw two in my garden tonight when on hoggy watch at the window with my cat. I’m wondering if i have 3 hedgehogs or if one has given birth. So my question is…do mummy hedgehogs leave their bbabies to go forage? Do they make more frequent trips back to the nest or do they stay with them? Ive been feeding about quarter to a third a tin of cat food and cat biscuits every night and always all demolished by morning. Are hedgehogs greedy? Can they be fed too much? But if i have lots of hoggies visiting it makes more sense. I’m thrilled to have a hedgehog as i have a back yard and never expected wildlife so me and my 9 year old son are now super interested.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog