Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

My Baby Hedgehog has had at least three Hoglets.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings My Baby Hedgehog has had at least three Hoglets.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

When I say my baby hedgehog. It was born last year, and the mother left two hoglets. I had never dealt with hedgehogs before, so I did a lot reading, and went from there. Anyway, I fed the hedgehog everyday, and it was very friendly, even coming up to me. It let me pick it up, so I would do a check to make sure It was OK. November came and it disappeared, So I knew it had gone into hibernation. In March I started putting semi soft food down. At the end of March 2023, I noticed on the CCTV, the food had been touched, so I did a search, and there was two hedgehogs. It was only in the next couple of days, I found out where the hedgehog was living. It was living where it was born. And now its got three Hoglets or more of its own. So that’s 6 Hoglets or more born in my garden in the last 12 months.

Nic

Hi Knighthawk3344

It’s good to hear about the new hoglets. You are very privileged to have them born in your garden – especially 2 years running! I hope they and Mother hog continue to do well.

Good luck and happy hog watching!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog