Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

My garden of ”HOGGY DELIGHTS”

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings My garden of ”HOGGY DELIGHTS”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Last year we realised we had a Hoggy in our garden, & by leaving out a choice of food, & water every night, we eventually had visits every night. A feeding station (plastic storage box, & pipe to keep the cats away) & a homemade wooden house with compartments, & removable roof, was obviously what made our garden a very desirable area to “live!”
    This year we have possibly 7 different visitors, each with their own distinct habitats. I now wear earplugs to bed, due to the amount of noise coming from my patio, huffing n puffing, food bowls being pushed around the patio, shuffling around under the ivy, & scrunching over my seaside pebbles. Oh & shaking their bodies which makes their spines sort of rattle.
    My garden has no longer has colourful flowers in pots n baskets, just dried up old compost. The reason being every couple of weeks I visit our local garden/animal shop & spend my money on hog food, which puts I bigger smile on my face & greater happiness then a silly old plant😁

Sounds like you’ve created a lovely hoggy habitat 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog