Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

My hogs have gone

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings My hogs have gone

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

My hogs have been coming for a snack and a drink every night for a couple of months now and suddenly nothing for 3 nights. They did the same last year just a bit later in the season Anyone any idea why??? I am gutted i love watching them on the camera i have set up.

Nic

Hi Polly-allen

Don’t worry too much. The hogs do tend to disappear from time to time. There are lots of potential reasons, i.e. a female could be producing, males may have gone to another part of their range, someone else may have started feeding, a route could have been blocked, etc. Hopefull one or more will be back eventually. I would keep putting food out in case and especially leave out water for them all day every day.

Good luck.

My resident hog has now moved out for the second time but still visiting with at least one other just a bit less often. We’ve had a lot of rain here recently so I think there will be better foraging around and they will be less reliant on the supplementary food and water I provide. Although I’m always sorry to see them move on I like the idea that they are creatures of mystery that follow their own wild instincts.

Each year, around June mine disappear for several weeks, but now, as always they have returned from their holidays/adventuring again 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog