Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

My wee visitors

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings My wee visitors

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hey ,
    Since the middle of July i have had 4 or 5 wee Hoggy visitors and in the last week they have stopped visiting πŸ™
    I can’t leave food out as we have lots of cats in the area and they have been pinching it. I wondered if this is normal for them to stop visiting i really miss my wee Hoggy visitors πŸ™‚

Hi, your not alone i haven’t seen mine for over a week now, it very strange how they just disappear

Hi, same here, we had 5, 2 females disappeared first, hoping for hoglet’s but no signs. Then 2 males disappeared. A very young female emerged from their hibernating quarters and I male came back, been regular visitors for a few weeks and disappeared again. Now got a new female, on her own. They go walk about, sometimes for weeks on end, but usually come back expecting the food supply to still be there. I think nearly everyone complains about cats, it’s a constant battle. If you look on the gallery there are some pics of feeding stations you could try. Try to avoid wet cat food as it smells when it’s not being eaten, stick to biscuits, small cat or hog, and specific hog food that will last a few days in case they turn up expecting food. Don’t worry, they will probably be back. Soon they will be eating like mad ready for hibernation. Best wishes.

Thanks folks πŸ˜€
    I’m really missing my wee Hoggy visitors and I go out every night in he hope they have wandered back
    Fingers crossed for them returning πŸ˜€

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog